Christmas at Buckner is a time of joy and hope!
As we are all experiencing, the pandemic is not only affecting our health, but also our finances, family dynamic and levels of anxiety and fear. It is important that the families participating in our programs feel encouragement, support and the love of Christ all year long, and we are walking alongside them to navigate the added stress of the pandemic.
Christmas is a time where you have the opportunity to shine hope into the homes of vulnerable families.
Help us remind families they are not alone, and there is a community around them supporting their efforts to strengthen their family unit within Buckner programming.
Your Christmas donation of time spent shopping, shipping gifts or giving financially will be a blessing to each of our programs in different ways. In the Rio Grande Valley, Buckner serves families through the Rio Grande Children's Home, Family Hope Center, FAYS and the Center for Humanitarian Aid.
Here's how you can help in the Rio Grande Valley:
Gift Card Sponsorship
Help provide gift cards for our families this Christmas season. These gift cards will allow parents and guardians to purchase gifts for their children in preparation for Christmas.
- Each child who is actively participating in Buckner programs will be signed up to receive a gift card.
- You can use our Walmart or Target gift registries to purchase a $25 gift card for a child.
- When you purchase a gift card, it will be mailed to our Buckner offices, and we will distribute them to our families.
- The parents or guardians of the family receive the gift cards and plan their own Christmas celebration as a family.
Buckner cannot serve children and families without financial support from people like you. You can give a gift supporting our Christmas efforts or support end-of-year giving to help our ministry continue.
If you have questions or concerns, please contact:
- Xylina Rotramel at 956-513-3883 or firstname.lastname@example.org