National Child Abuse Prevention Month
Child abuse ends with strong families.
Did you know 62% of children placed in foster care are there due to abuse or neglect? While this number is gut-wrenching, prevention is possible.
- Buckner Family Hope Centers seek to keep families together by providing families with critical services, aid and coaching to keep them strong, it decreases the likelihood of abuse, neglect and removal of children.
- Family and Youth Success (FAYS) is a family-focused program that helps decrease conflict, develop a workable plan to overcome issues, and more. FAYS in Beaumont.
- Project HOPES supports parents of children 0 to 5 and promotes healthy families through encouragement and education.
- Fatherhood Effect supports expecting dads and dads with children up to 17 years old as they learn how to be a supportive, nurturing fathers.
- Buckner Family Pathways is designed to help single parents in crisis who need to care for their children and determine next steps for their family's future.
Signs of possible child abuse:
- Changes in behavior
- An apparent lack of supervision
- Frequent absences from school
- Reluctance to leave school activities
- Attempts at running away
How to report abuse or neglect:
Learn how you can shine hope into a vulnerable child's life through foster care or adoption.