Guiding Foster Youth to Independence
Buckner FYi Centers work in collaboration with Texas Workforce Commission and Department of Children and Family Services to provide services to current and former youth in state foster care. The goal of FYi Centers is to offer training, support and guidance to youth graduating from foster care that will enhance their ability to transition into independent living.
The program helps clients with:
- Finding jobs
- Financial assistance
- Case management
- Basic needs
- Educational and vocational goals
- Casey Life Skills Assessment for current foster youth (age 14+)
- Life Skills Classes for current foster youth (ages 16 to 18)
- After Care Case Management for former foster youth (ages 18 to 21)
- Educational and Vocational Case Management for former foster youth (ages 16 to 25)
For more information on Buckner transitional services please fill out the form below.